Available For: $539.99
Retail Price: $589.99
*Available at participating retailers
Find a Retailer
Buy it Now
TLR customers have been asking for it and now it's finally here! 40 years in the making, the all-new Team Losi Racing 22X-4 Race Kit is the shaft-driven, 4WD buggy racers have dreamt about.
- Shaft Drive Platform
- Fully Adjustable Suspension
- Premium Parts Included
- 2.5 Milled Aluminum Chassis
- G3 12mm Big Bore Shocks
- All New Gear Diffs
- Adjustable Inner Pivots
- Optimized Suspension Composites
- Elastomer Battery Mounting
- Floating Servo Mount
- Adjustable Motor and Battery Position
- Carbon Fiber Optimized
- All Metric Hardware
- Easy Access Diffs
- Built-In Motor Fan Mount
- TLR 6.5" Rear Wing
- 22X-4 Body Design
Shaft Drive Platform
Taking a completely different approach to a TLR 4wd buggy, the R&D team developed an all-new platform from the ground up. Switching to the more reliable and versatile shaft drive design, the 22X-4 is much lighter and has far improved driving characteristics while also being significantly easier to build and maintain
Fully Adjustable Suspension
Taking suspension tuning to a new level, the 22X-4 has adjustments for front and rear axle height, rear axle pin position, inner front and rear hinge pin position in all directions, nearly unlimited rear camber link positions, shock mounting positions, and much more. The 22X-4 can be dialed in for any surface, grip level, or driving style.
Premium Parts Included
The 22X-4 includes a healthy list of included premium parts: Aluminum Ball Stud Washers throughout, Aluminum Clamping Hexes, Adjustable Aluminum Suspension Mounts, Carbon Fiber Plates, Full Machined Shock Internals, TLR Low Frequency Springs, Aluminum Motor Mount, and Sway Bars.
2.5 Milled Aluminum Chassis
Maximizing the flex characteristics for all surfaces, the 2.5mm thick chassis with heavy pocketing gives the correct amount of flex and rigidity for smooth corning, optimized balance, and bounce-free landings.
G3 12mm Big Bore Shocks
G3 12mm Big Bore Shocks: The G3 shocks give the 22X-4 the plush handling and consistent, leak-free bleed with some ease of use improvements. No more e-clips as the pistons are now secured by screws, new shock caps and shock bodies increase the spring collar height by 3mm to accommodate lower ride heights, new eyelets and spring cups
All New Gear Diffs
Designed to be light and durable, the 22X-4 is designed with large volume bevel gear diffs for the ultimate in performance and durability. The kit includes all metal diff internals with hard anodized aluminum cross pins. Not to leave spec racers behind, composite diff internal gears as well as composite ring and pinion options are available separately.
Adjustable Inner Pivots
Included front and rear, adjustable inner pivots give multiple adjustments for anti-squat, kick up, toe, sweep, pivot width, and roll center. This gives the 22X-4 the window needed to get it dialed in for any driver, any track, and any surface.
Optimized Composites, Stiffezel
The balance and consistency of the 22X-4 can be tuned using different composite materials in key parts throughout the vehicle. The kit included the parts the race team prefers: Standard front and rear suspension arms along with Soft mud guards.
Elastomer Battery Mounting
The 22X-4 borrows from the 22 5.0's versatile and easy to use battery hold down system. With a similar elastomer band, the battery strap hooks into the chassis front and rear allowing for different height batteries to be installed without hassle. Battery position is controlled with secured, easy to adjust battery stops both front and rear.
Floating Servo Mount
To keep the servo mount from affecting the chassis flex, the servo is mounted hanging above the chassis. The mount only secures to the chassis plate near the chassis centerline, then uses rigid 2.5mm carbon fiber to support the weight and leverage of the servo to optimize steering performance and chassis flex.
Adjustable Motor and Battery Position
The 22X-4 allows for the center slipper and motor mount assembly to be mounted in either front or rear positions, with 7mm of adjustment between them. The battery also has an additional 9mm of adjustment for solid changes to front/rear weight balance without the need to increase the static weight.
Fresh 22X-4 Body Design
Sleek and stylish, the 22X-4 body design is the perfect match to the chassis. It looks sleek and fast, is nice and low but provides excellent balance and stability - the best of all worlds.
Carbon Fiber Optimized
Carbon fiber is extremely light and very rigid, given its great strength to weight ratio. It is optimal for many parts of an r/c car, and the 22X-4 has it in all the key spots: Front Shock Tower, Rear Shock Tower, Center Diff Mount, Front Chassis Brace, Rear Chassis Brace, Front Steering Mount and Servo Mount.
All Metric Hardware
Using all metric hardware make it easy to find replacement screws, nuts and washers, and helps to limit the number to tools required in the toolbox.
TLR 6.5" Rear Wing
Pulled from ultra-durable 1.2mm polycarbonate, the TLR 6.5" rear wing isn't new for the 22X-4. Instead, this wing has proven itself as the longest lasting and most stable rear wing available for 1/10 buggies over the past several years - and it comes in this kit.
Easy Access Diffs
Designed to be user-friendly, the 22X-4 allows the front and rear diffs to both be removed by only removing four screws, and loosening one set screw. The diffs come out in less than a minute, and back in just as quickly.
The 22X-4 includes a full set of fluorescent yellow wheels to get racers on the track quickly. The 22X-4 does include the new deeper off-set front wheels which provide improved hex engagement, and a stiffer wheel face for more consistent performance.
Built-In Motor Fan Mount
The prevalence of high grip tracks and the 13.5 4wd class have led to the need for many racers to run motor fans to keep temperatures in check. Rather than an aluminum mount, or double-sided tape, the 22X-4 includes a molded fan mount secured to the mudguard for easy and dependable fan mounting without any extra holes in the chassis.
0.098" (2.5mm) thick 7075-T6 milled aluminum plate
Lower A-arm, upper adjustable link, Stiffezel front and rear arms
4WD Shaft Drive
Oil-filled 12mm Big Bore
22X-4, 0.7mm thick lightweight
Full set, rubber sealed
Is Assembly Required:
Electronic Speed Control
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Editable
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Blank
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Carpet
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Clay
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Frank Root, Toys for Tots @ 702 RC , 12/2019
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Tom Rinderknecht, Reedy Race of Champions @ OCRC, 01/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Frank Root, Reedy Race of Champions @ OCRC, 01/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Aaron Kothman, Reedy Race of Champions @ OCRC, 01/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Dakotah Phend, Desert Classic @ Hobby Action, 03/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Matthew Williby, Clubbin’ 13.5T @ OCRC, 02/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup - Frank Root, Clubbin' @ OCRC, 8/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Tom Rinderknecht, Surf City @ OCRC, 9/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Dakotah Phend, JC NCTS @ RC Madness Turf, 09/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Jarod Ment, Winter Cup @ Castle Hill, 10/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Dakotah Phend, Florida Carpet Champs @ Beachline RC, 11/2020
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Zeke Ballinger, Desert Classic @ Hobby Action, 03/2021
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Dakotah Phend, Desert Classic @ Hobby Action, 03/2021
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Ryan Cavalieri, Desert Classic @ Hobby Action, 03/2021
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Kamryn Ayers, Western Carpet Nats @ 702 RC Raceway, 03/2021
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Ryan Cavalieri, Western Carpet Nats @ 702 RC Raceway, 03/2021
- 22X-4 Race Kit Setup – Dakotah Phend, ROAR Nationals @ Mimi’s The Track, 08/2021